The Anglo-Italian Swing Band - Italian Swing Band
This Anglo-Italian Jazz Band has a unique sound that brings a taste of la dolce vita to their audiences with their modern twist on vintage, classic Italian songs, gypsy-jazz, swing and jazz standards in English and Italian.
Let the band take you on a Vespa ride back to retro bella Italia with a mix of Italian swing favourites like 'Volare' and 'That’s Amore' intertwined with rustic Roman Stornelli, romantic Neapolitan ballads, enticing bossa nova and samba rhythms along with foot-tapping rock 'n' roll and boogie-woogie.
Since the band formed, they have gone from strength to strength performing both in the UK and internationally. This year they have performed at an exclusive event at La Cervara in Portofino, performances for Dawsons yachts's in Portovenere, a variety of Italian events including The Italian Awards, Horsham Piazza Italia, Festival Italia in Brands Hatch, Bellavita Expo, Harvey Nichols 'Britalia', Federalberghi Penisola Sorrentina, C Carnevale and Eni's annual celebrations in London.
They also performed at Just So Festival and Just Eat UK food festival in Shoreditch and were invited to perform at beautiful venues such as Verdi's at the Royal Albert Hall, St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, The Dorchester, Palace Hotel, Manchester, Conrad London St. James, Jumeirah Carlton Tower and the Beaumont Estate Hotel, Windsor.View similar acts:
The Anglo-Italian Swing Band - Italian Swing Band Repertoire
- Arrivederci Roma Rascel / Pietro Garinei
- Baciami Piccina - Riccardo Morbelli and Luigi Astore
- Bellezza in Bicicletta - G.D'Anzi - M.Marchesi
- C'è La Luna - Paolo Citarella
- Chittara Romana - Eldo Di Lazzaro
- Guaglione – Nisa / Fanciulli
- La gelosia non e' piu' di moda - Mario Consiglio
- Malafemmena/Luna Rossa - De Curtis, Antonio
- Mambo Italiano - Bob Merrill
- Mattinata/You're breaking my heart - George Greely
- Nel Blu Dipinto di Blu (Volare) - Domenico Modugno
- O Marenariello/ I have but one heart – Al Martino
- O Sole Mio - Eduardo di Capua
- Papa loves Mambo - Al Hoffman
- Parlami d'amore Mariu' - Cesare Andrea Bixio
- Pe' Lungotevere - Romolo Balzani
- Scapriciatello - Ferdinando Albano
- Sotto e' cielo di Roma/On an evening in Roma - Umberto Bertini
- That's Amore - Harry Warren
- Tu vuo' fa' l' americano - Renato Carosone
- Un Bacio a Mezzanotte - Kramer Gorni
Italian '60s to present
- Angelina - Louie Prima
- Buonasera Signorina -Louis Prima
- Caruso – Lucio Dalla
- Che cos'e' l'amor - Vinicio Caposella
- Con un bacio piccolissimo - Giovanni Ornati
- Grande, Grande, Grande – Mina
- E Se Domani - Mina
- I Stivaletti Rossi - Vito Pallavicini
- Il cielo in una stanza - Mina
- In cerca di te - Claudio Villa
- La Bambola - Patty Pravo
- La voglia e la pazzia - Ornella Vanoni
- Love in Portofino - Fred Buscaglione
- Lui - Rita Pavone
- Meglio Stasera/It had better be tonight - Henry Mancini
- Meraviglioso - Domenico Modugno
- Portami con te - Astrud Gilberto
- Quando quando quando - Tony Renis
- Renato, Renato Renato - Mina
- Se Telefonando - Mina Anna Mazzini
- Tintarella di luna - Franco Migliacci e Bruno De Filippi
- Una Notte a Napoli - Pink Martini
Jazz and Swing Standards
- All of Me - Toby Gad
- Bei Mir Bist du Schein - Sholom Secunda
- Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra
- Caravan - Juan Tizol and Irving Mills
- Cheek to cheek - Irving Berlin
- Choo choo cha boogie – Louis Jordan
- Close Your Eyes - Bernice Petkere
- Dancing in the Dark – Tony Benett
- Fly me to the moon - Bart Howard
- I wanna be like you - Richard M. Sherman
- I've got the World on a String - Harold Arlen
- Misty - Erroll Garner
- My Baby Just Cares For Me - Walter Donaldson
- My favourite things - Richard Rodgers
- Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps (Chissa') - Osvaldo Farrés
- Puttin on the Ritz - Irving Berlin
- Steppin out with my baby – Fred Astaire
- Sway - Luis Demetrio and Pablo Beltran Ruiz
- Swing, Swing, Swing - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra/ Keely Smith
- Tea for Two - Vincent Youmans
- What a difference a day made - Stanley Adams
- What is this thing called love - Cole Porter
- You go to my head - John Frederick Coots
'60s to present
- All About that Bass - Post Modern Jukebox Arrangement
- Amado mio – Pink Martini
- Blue Bossa - Kenny Dorham
- Corcovado - Tom Jobim
- Girl from Ipanema - Astrud Gilberto
- How Insensative - Tom Jobim
- Mamma Said - The Shirelles
- Moondance - Van Morrisson
- Natural Woman - Carole King
- Never Can Tell (Ce la vie) - Chuck Berry
- Old Black Magic - Keely Smith
- One Note Samba - Tom Jobim
- Say a Little Prayer - Burt Bacharach
- So Nice - Marcos Valle
- Spooky - Shapiro and Harry Middlebrooks
- Take another little piece of my heart - Jerry Ragovoy
- That Man - Vincent DeGiorgio and David Schreurs
- The Look of Love -Burt Bacharach
- These Boots are Made for Walking - Nancy Sinatra
- You never can tell – Chuck Berry
Special Themed parties and events e.g. Godfather Theme
- Michaels Theme
- Godfather Theme Part 1 (Instrumental)
- Godfather Theme Part 2 (Instrumental)
- Love Theme (Speak softly love)
- Antico Canto Siciliano (Wedding procession)
- The Godfather Tarantella
- Come live your life with me
- The Godfather Mazurka
- Promise You'll Remember
- I have but one heart/O Marenariello
The Anglo-Italian Swing Band - Italian Swing Band Feedback
“The trio were super - on time and elegantly dressed and added to the Italian feel we had for the evening. Great music and vocals and everyone said how much they enjoyed the ambiance they created while we dined. Would definitely book again.
“Brilliant evening on Monday watching her band. Everyone, of all ages seemed to be having fun. Wilton's is an intimate venue perfectly suited to the bands music. I would definitely go to see them again.
“You were my perfect Birthday evening. Absolutely amazing. Hoping you have an album out soon.
“Had a great time listening to you all at Wilton's Music Hall last night. Such fabulous musicianship and great vocals. People were dancing, clapping and singing to your wonderful set list. You perform something that everyone can enjoy, and we all had a lot of fun. We will definitely go to see you perform again soon.
“This Band are absolutely fantastic. Despite not speaking a word of italian, we were happy listening to them all night - to be fair, they really could have kept singing for the entire evening. I've seen them sing a few times now, and my friends are always impressed with just how amazing her voice is. I've become a big fan and will defo consider hiring them for any events I have. Also, you'll know most of the italian songs they sing!
“This band were amazing! What a brilliant atmosphere you created for us. Thank you so much!
“We came across this band while looking for a band for our Anglo-Italian wedding and I am so happy we found them! These guys were simply phenomenal, the performance was great and all the guests still compliment them to this day. From the first exchange of email she was extremely helpful and accommodating, she gave us plenty of her time and went above and beyond to help me through organising everything - from picking a nice set list to helping us hire the best pa system. I have no words to thank these guys enough, as without them the wedding would have not been the same. Lovely people, but mostly absolutely amazing artists.
“This band surpassed all our expectations they are so unique and had everyone on the dance floor. Wished we had booked them for the whole evening.
“I booked the jazz band for an Italian themed cocktail party for a pop up shop launch in London. They were flexible with numbers and budget for me (I only needed a 3 piece, not the traditional 5 piece group). They also had to play outside and we're very accommodating of that and brought their own speakers / soft music btw sets. So I didn't need to worry about anything music related on the evening which was a real relief. And they were great. They really lifted and helped make the party a huge success and were truly perfect for our event. I had them sing only Italian themed songs, but they would be wonderful at any style of jazz performance. Easy to work to work with and incredibly professional - I highly recommend.
“I booked the band for a surprise party, they were suggested by Antonio De Lillis another musician & friend, he told me that they were the best. And he was right! :) They are amazing, it was a great performance by all the band members, their Italian repertoire it's great. They also prepared few songs for the guest of honor to sing. She had great fun! The feedback from all the guest was really positive. Will really recommend them! Thanks guys hope to work with you again.
“I loved your jazzy version of Volare!
“We are so glad that we stumbled upon you guys, and that you were part of our wedding. Everyone loved your music, it was exactly what we were looking for. Thank you so much.
“We had the band onboard in Portovenere, Italy for a guests birthday party on 17th June 2017. It was there first time onboard a superyacht performing and they were seamless and incredibly professional. They were perfect for our Italian theme and the singer's voice was beautiful. The guests thoroughly enjoyed their performance with energy and great charisma. I cannot recommend them enough, they made an already great night unforgettable for our guests.
The Anglo-Italian Swing Band - Italian Swing Band Videos
- Showing 1 to 5 of 8
★★★★★ You may also like ★★★★★
Click on the 'Get quotes from multiple acts' button if you would like to receive quotes from more than 1 act without having to fill out multiple enquiry forms
Book all of your entertainment from Find a Performer. We have been in business since 1999 and have a huge selection of carefully chosen acts for every occasion in all locations.